Have you ever noticed how health issues seem to follow predictable patterns?
Have you ever witnessed client cases similar to these …
- Cathy, a woman with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), who experiences constipation followed by diarrhoea on a regular basis?
- Sue, who broke her wrist twice, and both times the new bone seemed stronger than before?
- Sam, a baby whose skin alternates between eczema and being cold and pale?
- Anthony, a schoolteacher who always seems to come down with a cold virus at the beginning of the holidays?
- And Lisa, a client with backache who, after her therapeutic treatments, experiences tiredness and increased pain before getting better?
Have you ever considered the possibility that these patterns are not the body making a mistake - that actually, they are bio-logically meaningful?
A cutting-edge approach to health is now providing a scientific answer to our long-held questions about how and why we experience illness. This new field, META-Health, gives us scientific evidence of the bio-psycho-social (body-mind-environmental) connection, explains how and why illnesses occur, and enables us to understand the meaningful, two-phase process of all dis-eases – from colds to cancers.
If dis-ease / healing is a process, what causes it to start?
Contrary to popularly-held beliefs such as the primacy of genetics, lifestyle, stress and other ‘risk factors’, these are not the cause of illness in the vast majority of cases. There is no evidence of the precise moment these ‘risk factors’ take a person from health to illness. META-Health explains how all health issues (with the exception of poisoning, accidents and acute malnutrition) begin with a Traumatic Life Event: a shock that is unexpected, dramatic and causes emotional stress. Have you ever felt stunned, paralysed or sick to the stomach after a completely unexpected event? Perhaps, momentarily, the world appeared to slow down or move away from you. These are indicators of a Traumatic Life Event (Point 2 on the Figure 1 below). META-Health explains how, in the moment of shock, a sophisticated process starts on all levels simultaneously: